Parcours et expériences
Chercheur Associé à l'institut VEDECOM
- Véhicule Autonome et Connecté
- Internet des Objets IoT « Internet of Things »
- Radio Logicielle et Cognitive
- Réseaux Véhiculaires Ad-hoc et LTE-V
Enseignant Chercheur en Informatique
- Internet des Objets IoT « Internet of Things »
- Réseaux Informatiques Sans-fil
- Communication Numérique
- Apprentissage Artificielle
- Conception de Logiciel
- Architecture des Systèmes Embarqués
Do IoT LoRa Networks Support Emergency Evacuation Systems ?
The number of building sites increased considerably these few last years. Emerging countries invest more and more in building and construction sites to overcome the need of citizens like education, residential and administration buildings. Such sites should be equipped with evacuation systems to allow bricklayers and other persons to be evacuated quickly. The lack of such mechanisms makes the life of billion of citizens in a danger. This problem could be addressed by building a novel evacuation emergency application in Internet of Things (IoT) devices with Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWAN). One of the known LPWAN networks is Long Range (LoRa) network. To overcome the need of peer to peer communication between devices, IEEE.802.15.4 technology and particulary 6LowPAN could be used to allow devices to communicate in a mesh network. Our work is motivated by the deployment of an Emergency Evacuation Systems (EES) in building sites.
- Co-auteur(s) Djoudi A., Zitouni R., Zangar N., George L.
- Nom de la conférence 2019 International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies for Disaster Management (ICT-DM)
- Pays, ville, date de la conférence France, Paris, Décembre 2019
E-Infrastructure and e-Services for Developing Countries
This book constitutes the thoroughly refereed proceedings of the 11th International Conference on e-Infrastructure and e-Services for Developing Countries, AFRICOMM 2019, held in Porto-Novo, Benin, in December 2019. The 19 full papers were carefully selected from 46 submissions. The accepted papers provide a wide range of research topics including targeted infrastructures, Internet of Things (IoT), wireless and mobile networks, intelligent transportation systems (ITS), software and network security, cloud and virtualization, data analytics, and machine learning.
- Editeur(s) Springer
- Co-auteur(s) Agueh M., Houngue P. , Soude H.
- Coordination de l'ouvrage Zitouni R.
Genetic Algorithm For LoRa Transmission Parameter Selection
- Nom de la conférence ICSNC 2019 : The Fourteenth International Conference on Systems and Networks Communications
- Pays, ville, date de la conférence Valence, Espagne, Novembre 2019
IoT-based Urban Traffic-Light Control: Modelling, Prototyping and Evaluation of MQTT protocol,
Most traffic light's control systems in smart cities are wired and have a semi-static behavior. They are time-based, with pre-configured pattern and expensive cameras. Although traffic lights can communicate wirelessly with incoming vehicles, they are less adapted to an urban environment. If we consider light signs as an Internet of Things (IoT) network, one issue is to model thoroughly the change of signs' states and the Quality of Service (QoS) of this network. In this paper, we propose a new architecture of Urban Traffic Light Control based on an IoT network (IoT-UTLC). The objective is to interconnect both roads' infrastructures and traffic lights through an IoT platform. We designed our IoT-UTLC by selecting motes and protocols of wireless sensor network (WSN). Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT) protocol has been integrated to manage QoS. It enables lights to adapt remotely to any situation and smoothly interrupt traffic light's classic cycles. Our experimental results show that the MQTT protocol is efficient when the packets rate exceeds 35% of traffic flow, it reduces traffic delay up to 0.05s at 90% of congestion. After verification and validation of our solution using a UPPAAL model checker, our system has been prototyped. Motes' functions have been implemented on Contiki OS and connected via a 6LoWPAN/IEEE 802.15.4 network. Timestamping messages have been performed throughout the system to evaluate the MQTT protocol with different QoS levels. In our experiments, we measured the Round-trip delay time (RTT) of messages exchanged between the WSN and IoT Cloud. The results show that MQTT decreases the RTT when the Cumulative Distributed Function (CDF) of generated messages exceeds 35%.
- Co-auteur(s) Zitouni R., Petit J., Djoudi A., George L.
- Nom de la conférence 12th IEEE International Conference on Cyber, Physical and Social Computing
- Pays, ville, date de la conférence Atlanta, Etats-Unis, Juillet 2019
Formal Modeling of Greedy Behavior in Secure Internet of Things Networks
In the Internet of Things (IoT) paradigm, objects should communicate through secure wireless channels and would be able to connect to the Internet. IEEE 802.15.4e and its old versions are the de-facto standards for Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) based IoT. IEEE 802.15.4e and its old versions define a slotted CSMA-CA medium access control and physical layer of WSNs. The IoT may experience a multitude of malicious attacks. One critical attack that threatens the network availability is the greedy behavior. In this paper, we propose a UPPAAL model to describe greedy and sane behaviors of IoT devices. We are interested in the contention access period of the beacon-enabled mode of the slotted CSMA-CA. The developed model shows that we can assess and identify both honest and greedy devices. However, it is the first step towards thwarting this attack.
- Co-auteur(s) Boufenneche Y. , Gharbi N., Zitouni R., George L.
- Nom de la conférence 11th International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks
- Pays, ville, date de la conférence Zagreb, Croatie, Juillet 2019
Emerging Technologies for Developing Countries
This book constitutes the refereed proceedings of the Second International EAI Conference on Emerging Technologies for Developing Countries, AFRICATEK 2018, held in Cotonou, Benin, in May 2018. The 12 revised full papers and 4 short papers were selected from 27 submissions. The papers are organized thematically in tracks, starting with ITS and security, applications and IT services, gaming and user experience.
- Editeur(s) Springer
- Coordination de l'ouvrage Zitouni R., Agueh M.
Latency Aware into LTE-V2X Mode 4 System
Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) is the focus of many researchers due to the growing of traffic, which ensures complexity, especially in urban scenario. In this regard, Ultra-Reliable Low Latency Communication (URLLC) achievement is the main purpose for ITS. Latency represents a relevant metric for real time exchange of messages and improve the network Quality of Service (QoS). In this contribution, the purpose is delay investigation into Long Term Evolution Vehicle (LTE-V), which is an enabling cellular technology for vehicular connectivity. The idea is RB (Resource Block) allocation for delay minimization through a direct interaction enabled by LTE-V features. We start by a mathematical analysis of a cross-layer structure based on the joint association between physical layer together with a Medium Access Control (MAC) sub layer. Hence, latency minimization is transformed into an optimization problem in which data rate is maximized under the constraint of queue length. Resource allocation resolution is based on Lyapunov policy. Numerical results are obtained according to a Manhattan scenario towards an urban model where the performance criterion is Complementary Cumulative Distribution Function (CCDF) of queue length. The obtained results highlight the efficiency of the proposed resource allocation algorithm.
- Co-auteur(s) Chihi H., Zitouni R., Bouallegue R., Cherif A.R.
- Nom de la conférence 14th International Conference on Signal Image Technology & Internet based Systems,
- Pays, ville, date de la conférence Gran Canaria, Spain, November 2018
Prototyping of Urban Traffic-Light Control in IoT
The Fourth IEEE Annual International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2 2018) will be held in Kansas City, Missouri, USA during September 16 – 19, 2018. As the flagship conference sponsored by the IEEE Smart Cities Technical Community that is a coalition of six IEEE technical societies and organizations, ISC2-2018 will bring together researchers and practitioners in a collaborative smart cities discussion, including scholars, citizens, policymakers, administrators, infrastructure operators, industry representatives, economists, sociologists, and academicians. Technical exchanges within the research community will encompass panels, plenary talks, technical sessions, tutorials, workshops and exhibitions.
- Nom de la conférence 4th IEEE International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2 2018)
- Pays, ville, date de la conférence Kansas City, USA, September 2018
Non-Orthogonal Multiple Access for Vehicular Networks based Software-Defined Radio
Channel capacity and software definition of radio functions are important issues for Vehicular Ad-hoc NETworks (VANETs). In our paper, we propose to integrate a 5G radio access technology to software defined PHY layer of IEEE 802.11p for frequency reuse. We superpose two signals with Non-orthogonal Multiple Access (NOMA), and we extract them through Successive Interference Cancellation (SIC). NOMA and SIC solutions have been designed using Software Defined Radio (SDR) chains offering PHY reconfigurability. We prove that this solution allows us to superpose two users sharing the same subcarrier frequency at the same time. Simulations have been performed with two quadrature modulators sharing the same subcarrier frequency. NOMA/SIC would improve the network throughput, since after cancellation, the obtained Bit Error Rate (BER) has been reduced.
- Co-auteur(s) Zitouni R., Tohme S.
- Nom de la conférence 14th International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference
- Pays, ville, date de la conférence Limassol, Cyprus, June 2018
Hardware-Software Codesign for Software-Defined Radio: IEEE 802.11p receiver case study
- Nom de la conférence International Conference on Research and Innovation in Computer Engineering and Computer Sciences
- Pays, ville, date de la conférence Langkawi, Malaysia, August 2017
Thèmes de Recherche
- Réseaux sans-fil
- Radio logicielle et cognitive
- Communications V2X
- Internet des objets
- Conception logicielle